In commercial office buildings, things seem to be heading that way. As businesses seek to minimize their environmental footprint, create a healthier workplace for their employees and lower their operating costs, the office furniture industry is working to meet these new performance demands. LEED, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, has become the national standard by which a building and its commercial interiors are evaluated.
CA Office Furniture & Design has a large inventory of recycled (refurbished) cubicles and recycled office workstations to choose from that have been refurbished to "like new" condition. Although our recycled cubes look new, they are 30-70% less than the cost of new. We offer customized fabric choices and color of the cubicles to match your green office design, company colors or design preferences.
These products are environmentally responsible, economically profitable, and provide healthy places to work.
Reasons for selecting recycled office furniture over new are numerous:
- Lower operating costs
- Sets Environmental Core Values
- Enables LEED certification
- Improves Employee awareness & working conditions
- Being responsible & obtaining positive publicity as a result
At CA Office Furniture & Design we make environmental goals an increasing
priority. We are dedicated to providing smart, sustainable and affordable office furniture solutions.
The Ecology and Economy of Recycling Office Furniture
- Using Refurbished / Recycled Office Furniture conserves natural resources, reduces the amount of product sent to land fills and protects virgin materials.
- According to the EPA, 3 million tons of office furniture and furnishings are discarded each year.
- Purchasing a remanufactured or refurbished product can cost consumers 30-70% less than a new product.
- The amount of labor and energy required to alter an existing product during remanufacturing is 85 to 95% less than that required to manufacture a new product.
- Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, sulfur oxides, nitrous oxides, volatile organic compounds, and particulate matter are all reduced by the recycling of office furniture, thereby reducing air pollution and global warming.
- The annual energy savings resulting from remanufacturing activities worldwide is 120 trillion Btu's. This equals the electricity generated by eight nuclear power plants, or 16 million barrels of crude oil (about 350 tankers).
- The annual material savings resulting from remanufacturing activities worldwide is 14 million tons a year. This is the equivalent of a fully loaded railway train 1650 miles long.
- Rochester Institute of Technology and The Office Furniture Recyclers Forum
- OFRF-The Office Furniture Recyclers forum in Alexandria, VA
At CA Office Furniture & Design (CFD) being "GREEN" is an important focus and differentiates us from most of our competitors. Feel free to contact us for a Free Space Planning & Design Consultation to help you determine your Office Furniture requirements.
CA Office Furniture & Design is an Independent Contract Furniture Dealership, focused on Office Design, Cubicle Design as well as Space Planning of customer offices and workstations, as well as the Office Furniture to support your offices in Southern California, including Anaheim, Carlsbad, Costa Mesa, Irvine, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Newport Beach, Ontario, Poway, Riverside, Rancho Bernardo, San Bernardino, San Diego, Santa Monica and Torrance.
We Design Ergonomic Office & Cubicle Layouts, do Office Space Planning, as well as the Manufacturing, Installation as well as the Reconfiguration of Office Furniture. Our ranges cover New Casegood Furniture, Ergonomic Task Chairs, Height Adjustable Desks, Training & Conference Room Furniture, Refurbished Herman Miller Cubicles, Series 1 & 2 Cubicles Systems, Ethospace Frame & Tile Cubicle Systems as well as Used office Furniture.