In commercial office buildings, things seem to be heading that way. As businesses seek to minimize their environmental footprint, create a healthier workplace for their employees and lower their operating costs, the office furniture industry is working to meet these new performance demands. LEED, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, has become the national standard by which a building and its commercial interiors are evaluated.
CA Office Design (COD) has a significant inventory of remanufactured cubicles and recycled office workstations to choose.
Our Remanufactured Frame & Tile System, as well as Panel System Cubicles, are 30-70% less than the cost of OEM Product. We offer customized fabric choices and color of the cubicles to match your green office design, company colors or design preferences.
These products are environmentally responsible, economically profitable, and provide healthy places to work.
- Lower operating costs
- Sets Environmental Core Values
- Enables LEED certification
- Improves Employee awareness & working conditions
- Being responsible & obtaining positive publicity as a result
- New Work Surfaces with Laminate finishes based on customer’s selections and preferences.
- New under counter Storage units.
- Remanufactured Panels covered in new fabric based on customer’s selection and fabric preferences – choose from > 30 fabric options.
- Refabricated or repainted Overhead Storage Units, based on customer’s specification.
- Repainted external metal components, based on customer’s paint color selection.
- Quick connect base power systems, as well as options for glass, are added based on customer preference.
- All components complement existing Herman Miller OEM components, without altering the functionality of the System.
At CA Office Design we make environmental goals an increasing priority. We are dedicated to providing smart, sustainable and affordable office furniture solutions.
- Using Remanufactured / Recycled Office Furniture conserves natural resources, reduces the amount of product sent to landfills and protects virgin materials.
- According to the EPA, 3 million tons of office furniture and furnishings are discarded each year.
- Purchasing a remanufactured product can cost consumers 30-70% less than a new product.
- The amount of labor and energy required to alter an existing product during remanufacturing is 85 to 95% less than that required to manufacture a new product.
- Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, sulfur oxides, nitrous oxides, volatile organic compounds, and particulate matter are all reduced by the recycling of office furniture, thereby reducing air pollution and global warming.
- The annual energy savings resulting from remanufacturing activities worldwide is 120 trillion Btu’s. This equals the electricity generated by eight nuclear power plants, or 16 million barrels of crude oil (about 350 tankers).
- The annual material savings resulting from remanufacturing activities worldwide is 14 million tons a year. This is the equivalent of a fully loaded railway train 1650 miles long.
Rochester Institute of Technology and The Office Furniture Recyclers Forum
OFRF-The Office Furniture Recyclers forum in Alexandria, VA
At CA Office Design being “GREEN” is an important focus and differentiates us from most of our competitors. Feel free to contact us for a Free Space Planning & Design Consultation to help you determine your Office Furniture requirements.
CA Office Design is the Leading Space Planner in Southern California and is focused on the office furniture requirements for Relocating and Expanding Businesses. We pride ourselves on designing Ergonomic Office & Cubicle Layouts as well as the Manufacturing & Installation of Furniture.
CA Office Design encourages “GREEN” Open Plan Designs, with the possibility of as much Collaboration as possible whilst still creating privacy where necessary. By using color and light with collaborative design principles, employee conditions can be enhanced significantly and productivity improved as a result of that.